• Come

    Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. (Matthew 11:28 - - - The Holy Bible) * * * * * * * God loves you!!!
  • See More Like This

    For more articles and content please press HERE
  • Virginians Receiving Rental Aid After Matthew: Tell FEMA if You Need More

    Virginians Receiving Rental Aid After Matthew: Tell FEMA if You Need More

    December 12, 2016

    Editor's note: The Federal Emergency Management Agency published the following information:

    Virginia Beach, VA - - (December 9, 2016) - - More than 1,300 Virginia households displaced because of damage from Hurricane Matthew have received help from FEMA to pay rent for a temporary place to live. If your family has received rental assistance, you must let FEMA know if you will continue to need it.

    You should have received a letter from FEMA explaining the process and a form to fill out and return to FEMA along with:

    • Utility bills from before and after the disaster.

    • If you are a renter, a copy of your lease (pre-disaster). If you are a homeowner, a copy of your mortgage statement.

    • For renter or homeowners, a copy of the current lease or rental agreement signed by the person who applied for FEMA assistance and the landlord.

    • Rental receipts, canceled checks (copy of the front and back) or money orders showing that you used your rental assistance to pay rent or a security deposit.

    • Income statements from before and after the disaster for all wage earners living in the household (pay stubs, letter from Social Security office, retirement pension letter; no bank statements).

    You must complete the FEMA application to be considered for continued rental assistance. FEMA evaluates the information to determine if your household has a financial need for additional assistance.

    For additional help with rental assistance or other questions, call the FEMA Helpline 800-621-3362. Applicants who use 711 or Video Relay Service may also call 800-621-3362. People who are deaf, hard of hearing or have a speech disability and use a TTY may call 800-462-7585. The toll-free numbers are open from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m., seven days a week.

    Additional information about this disaster is available at www.fema.gov and www.vaemergency.gov. To find a DRC nearest you go to www.Fema.gov/DRC. Virginians seeking information about disaster-related services and unmet needs should call Virginia 211, a statewide information and referral service. For free legal assistance contact 800-552-7977.

    Information source: Federal Emergency Management Agency

  • Publications of Pastor Clarence William Page

  • Latest CMS Content